Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Is this a sign of changing my career?

Just last week, my boss asked me if I still have free time to take care for her cancer sister from London. I mentioned her in one of my blog. They plan to bring her home(in Netherlands) as soon as her doctors say that she is hopeless. I know it's too sad to hear a news like this. But after my boss asked me, I realised that my job here in Netherlands is bringing me more to a field where it's not really my interest in the first place. I even don't  have the certificate of doing this but through experienced of taking care a sick patient like my boss(a multiple sclerosis for more than 20 years), made me realised that maybe this is really my calling--to take care of a sick person. I'm a major in Business Management with some units in MBA but being here in Netherlands for 3 years now, I never had the chance to work in this field. Maybe not my time yet because of dutch language requirements or maybe a sign to change my career. If that is the case, I have no problems with that. I like doing this and most important, I enjoy it.

1 comment:

~Byn There said...

Good luck with the next step in your career, proceed with caution though. Sometimes it is just the fun of considering possibilities that we need for the moment. You can still be a caregiver for people without completely changing your employment path.

Peace.
Robyn