Saturday, October 10, 2009

Requirements for Au Pair Visa for Netherlands

          I first came here in The Netherlands as an Au Pair last 2007 and it was really a wonderful experienced despite that I worked to much and more time for my boss. I will post in my next blog regarding my job as an au pair. But in the meantime, i will share some requirements needed as you apply for an au pair. You can also check at  for the complete details.

Following are the conditions:
•a valid passport

•health insurance with cover in the Netherlands
•you must not be married
•you must not have a duty of care or be responsible for the actual care of your own family members (children or parents, for instance)
•you must not constitute a risk to public order
•you must undergo an examination for tuberculosis in the Netherlands
•you must be over 18 but no older than 25 years of age
•you must not have previously stayed in the Netherlands on a residence permit
•you must not have previously worked for the same family abroad
•you will only carry out light domestic work to assist the host family
•you will work a maximum of 8 hours per day and a maximum of 30 hours per week; you will have 2 days off per week
•your host family will support you during your stay in the Netherlands
•you must sign a declaration of awareness

Documents needed:
  • a valid (Philippine)Passport
  • Birth certificate issued by NSO(National Statistics Office)
  • Certificate of No Marriage(CENOMAR) also issued by NSO
  • Affidavit of Singleness(you can request this from any attorney in your place)
  • Passport size photo
   *All documents(except passport) must be legalized first from DFA(Department of foreign Affairs in Manila). You can check if you need address,contact numbers, or iny information for your legalization. If you are far from manila, you can ask DHL express for assistance. That means, you dont need to go to DFA manila.

  *After all documents are legalized from DFA, call the Netherlands embassy in manila (   and ask for appointment so you can submit all your documents. The embassy will legalize also those documents legalized by DFA.

    The processing time depends on the application if both parties(au pair and the host family)qualifies.

1 comment:

Anika said...

Hi Sihsi,
this is really helpful!! if u don't mind can i have ur email address, bc i have a few more questions re the au pair requirements. thnks