Sunday, November 29, 2009

A man who's dear to me..........


My father, a man whom I loved and missed so much. He was someone who, along with my mother, had made enormous sacrifices in his life for a better living and so I could also go to college and was overjoyed that I was able to finished a degree though it wasn't really with flying colors. Who I am now is because of him who molded me with strength to stand on my own and taught me to strive hard for success in whatever I aim for.
It has been four years since he died but until now, I still grief of lossing a father like him and feel guilty that I was not on his side when he died knowing he waited me on the time we agreed the last night I was talking to him. Hard to understand but then I can never turn back the time. Only acceptance can help me changed this sadness because I know that lossing a father can happen to anyone,expected or unexpected. Either way it hurts. I know he's watching over me. Only i hope that he is happy and proud of who I am now. Papa, I missed you so much and forever you are in my heart....and no one can ever take that away.

3 comments:

Malu Silverman said...

Fathers will always love us. My Tatay also died when I was away working in Saudi Arabia, and could not go home. It was really a sad time for me. I saw him in my dream when he died, He told me he's leaving ahead and we'll see each other in the future. My work mates told me on the week that he died, that my demeanor changed, I looked different, like a man's. I know Tatay's spirit was with me. After a month he and my older brother who also died before, asked me if I want to go with them in the playground. I said no, not now.

Whenever I encounter problems I ask them to pray for me and support me. I know they do. They always wished the best for me.

Malu Silverman said...

Thanks for following my blog, I am following yours too. Have you visited my other blog:
http://bloggerangpinay.blogspot.com/

Kim, USA said...

Loss my father 20 yrs ago and my mother 10 yrs ago, still I grief. I still have many "ifs" in my mind but just like what you've said we can't turn back the time. We have to move on but their memories are in our hearts forever. Nice blog you have here. Thanks for sharing and happy weekend!

SkyWatchFriday:Sunset